Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nickel Diner

We were in downtown Los Angeles this morning, returning some DVDs to the public library which we were never able to watch because our DVD player won't connect to the hotel's television set.  Totally depressing, right?  And since we were downtown, I decided that we should treat ourselves to lunch.  Why?  Well, I've recently signed up with Central Casting like Brian, and I figured we should both celebrate our new careers as background actors! 

Just an excuse, I know, but we really needed to eat something delicious, so we headed over to Nickel Diner on 5th and Main.  We first heard about this place on the Food Network show Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  One of the things they featured on the episode was their Maple Bacon Donut, and that is what I was really itching to try!

And it was delicious!  Two things that I love rolled into one:  bacon and donuts.  You all seriously need to try it...



We didn't just eat sweets though.  Brian ordered the Lowrider, which is a hamburger with poblano chilis, pepperjack cheese, red onions, lettuce, and tomatoes.  Sounds delicious, doesn't it?  I ordered the Big Time Cheddar which is basically a jazzed up grilled cheese sandwich!  It was cheddar cheese, tomato, and bacon with a Dijon sauce on white bread.  Really good!  I had mine with a side salad and Brian had his with french fries.


Check out the episode on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives below!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails