Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Most Embarrassing Comics of the Past Year

Friends, we are quickly approaching the one-year anniversary of Joaquin the Chihuahua, and I have been spending some time reviewing the past year's worth of posts.  A few days ago I posted about some of my favorite comics and promised we'd take a look at some of my worst.  Unfortunately, most of the 88 comics I've drawn so far have been utter crap... but there have been some good ones.  Hopefully you agree.  But these ten I'm about to share with you are absolutely the most embarrassing ones!  If I had any sense I would delete them forever.  Instead, I'm making you look at them all over again.  Like a car wreck.  You just can't stop looking.

10.  Our 50th Comic!
So it's kinda cute maybe, but seriously... this is what I do to celebrate my 50th comic?  I even wrote "yeah, this is it..." on it, that's how pathetic it is!
9.  I Felt a Burning in My Wallet, and Knew it Was True
Here's another example of my laziness.  It's a copy of the cover of an Ikea magazine.  And not only was I lazy, I was sacrilegious too.
8.  My Name is Jack, and I'm a Gleek...
There's an odd disconnect with my hand and my face in this one.  It's weird isn't it?  The hand is very detailed and my face is really simple.  I hate that face.
7.  Jack's Indoor Hair/Outdoor Hair, Mesun's Indoor Hair/Outdoor Hair, Brian's Indoor Hair/Outdoor Hair
A three-way tie!  I don't like any of these!  Mostly, because I don't like how bad our faces look.  We all look like we are stoned.  I also think the whole series would have made more sense in one comic.  I think separating it out killed the joke.
6.  10 Reasons to Obsess Over "Veronica and Friends" #4:  Movies
I have a love/hate relationship with this one.  As far as the joke itself, I actually like it.  It makes me smile.  But the characters I drew are just so inconsistent with the rest!  Brian and I look like we are little children, don't we?  Like toddlers!
5.  At Least We Had Show Tunes to Keep Us Company
Apparently black construction paper with speech bubbles glued on qualifies as a comic.  Oh, and the comic (if we're calling it one) has nothing to do with show tunes.  Nope.  Nada.
4.  Wait, We Have a Gay Agenda?
My head looks ridiculous... like I have a giant wig on top.  And that profile of Brian was a bad idea.  He looks like a monkey.  Then I made up a gay organization called FAGS... so tacky!  And on top of that, the whole thing is just words, words, and more words.  Blah blah blah.  And the end result?  Boring.
3.  Juvenile Delinquents Should Learn to Spell
So, I drew this one on pre-punched animation paper for some reason, and you can totally see the punch at the bottom.  But that's not why I hate it.  My head is drawn way too big and the whole thing isn't that funny... 
2.  Can You Guess Which School is Going to Heaven?
Ugh... these are pretty much the worst people I've ever drawn.  Ever.  They are so flat-looking.  And the whole thing just looks cluttered.
1.  You Get Cat Piss, I Get California
Although the comic itself wasn't really that bad, the fact that a cat peed on it and I still posted it online for all to see is pretty awful.  A professional would have redone it.  But me?  No.  I just leave it pee-stained.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Dear Jack,
Re #9: When will you learn that sacrilage is ALWAYS a good thing ;)
Re #8, You look like you're on crack. Excited Eyes!
Re#7, I LOVED indoor/outdoor hair.
Re#4, BAHAHAHAHA!
Re#3, I think it's funny, but it is bad ;)
Re#1, ew... ;)

Love you and your comics!

Joaquin the Chihuahua said...

Thanks for the feedback, Shannon!

Renee said...

these are actually sum of my favorites. wut the heck lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails