Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Optimism Challenge: Day 25

1.  I'm dating my very own Peeta Mellark (from The Hunger Games).  He might not be all muscly, but Brian is sweet and loving and a baker too!  In fact, he's such a good baker that his job offered to give him a raise because they've never been so impressed with the bread coming out of their kitchen.  The raise isn't coming until June, but still, I'm pretty proud of my baker!

2.  Brian's family came over tonight for dinner.  Brian served Cornish game hens, couscous and salad.  For dessert we had a yummy strawberry tart, followed by a fun game of Harry Potter Scene It.  Not too surprisingly, Brian and I kicked everybody's butts!

3.  Peter Barry.  He's the author of my textbook Beginning Theory: An Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theory.  Without his clear and concise overviews of various theories I would probably be failing my class!  Thanks to him (and my professor too), I can interpret literature from the viewpoint of a feminist, structuralist or even a Marxist.  I wrote another paper tonight and I'm pretty optimistic that I knocked it out of the park (I've gotten an A on every other one so far)!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails