Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Optimism Challenge: Day 20

1.  My friend Krystal posted a hilarious photo today on Facebook.  It's a grocery store sign written next to a card reader's touchscreen saying, "Pen is broken."  But I think I'm not the only one who reads it a little differently.... ha ha ha!  This thing is funny on multiple levels, especially when you get to the next sentence!
2.  One of my old managers from the movie theater came in today with his fiancee.  It was nice to see him again, especially since now he's in the market for an engagement ring!  We found a really beautiful 1 carat solitaire ring that she loved along with a pretty band.  I wrote down all the info on my business card for them.  Afterwards they went to look at some other jewelry stores, but I'm optimistic that they'll return to me!  Cross your fingers!

3.  I shared the first six chapters of my book Jacky Boy with my coworker Mineh today and she absolutely loved it.  Some of my friends have already read the entire first draft (like Michelle and Rebecca) and have also given me praise for it, but Mineh said something that really made my day today.  She said, "It's way better than The Hunger Games."  Yay me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails