Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's Raining, It's Pouring, My Life is Just Boring

So the sky seems to be angry with us here in Los Angeles.  It just keeps raining.  And the forecast for next weekend is rainy as well.  I don't know about you, but rain just dampens my spirits.  I really find it hard to sing in the rain like Gene Kelly does.  With or without Rhianna's umbrella.  It just depresses me.

I had a friend once who would always rewatch movies over and over.  But he wouldn't watch them all the way through.  He would fast forward to the good parts.  I kinda want to do that right now.  Not with a movie, but with my life.  I want to fast forward through all this rain and get to the sunshine.

I apologize if my movie-watching and weather metaphors are getting a bit muddled.

Right now Brian and I are in the boring and downright unwatchable part of our life.  It's not terribly well-written, well-acted, or well-shot.  The pacing is really slow, and most of what is happening doesn't really pertain to the plot.  Or at least the current events don't fit in with the ending I'm hoping to achieve.  You know?  Success.  Happiness.  Sunshine.  Those things.  I want my happy ending now!

3 comments:

~BeX~ said...

They say that life isn't about the destination, it's about the journey. Make each day count for something. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it... someday. :)

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for...I've learned that boring times are the good times when you look back later. It's just that you're young and adventure seems exciting. Trust me on this...enjoy the rut. Those drama filled moments aren't always a good sort of exciting.
Rebecca

Renee said...

i feel ya on that one brotha!!!

sorry guys :/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails