|Yup. Glee has caught "Bieber Fever." Image property of Fox.|
Sam, trying to give Quinn more reasons to stay with him, decides to start a one-man band called The Justin Bieber Experience. Soon all the other boys join (except Finn who's way too cool for all that) and they woo every girl in the club. But by the end of the episode, Sam realizes that Quinn really did make out with Finn last episode so he dumps her and hooks up with Santana pretty much instantly. This was all according to Santana's plan, of course, seeing as she's almost as devious as Sue.
Rachel is trying to be popular by starting a new fashion trend (librarian chic) but of course that doesn't really work out for her. Her look does become quite popular though, thanks to Brittany who ends up getting all the credit as the trendsetter. But by the end of the episode she comes up with a new project: she's going to write an original song for the glee club to perform at Regionals.
- Sue called Mr. Schue "SpongeHair SquareChin." That's a good'un.
- Lauren sang her very first solo "I Know What Boys Like" by The Waitresses! And in order to have the nerve to sing in public, she had to picture everyone in their underwear... which provided us with some fun eye candy! Some of those guys look pretty impressive in their skivvies.
- Rachel and Mercedes sang "Take Me or Leave Me" from the musical Rent and it was awesome. I think this was the first duet between these two amazing vocalists and it was sheer power! Those girls have some pipes!
- I don't have "Bieber Fever" so I wasn't exactly thrilled with "Baby" or "Somebody to Love." The Biebs didn't even win a grammy on Sunday...
- There wasn't any Kurt or Blaine this episode. None. At. All. I probably wouldn't have minded some Justin Bieber tunes if The Warblers had sung them. I love everything they sing. Why didn't they sing this episode?!
- I have to admit I was a little disappointed with this episode. It was kind of lame. However, next week's looks like a lot of crazy drunken fun...