|Brittany and the glee club sing "Tik Tok" at a school assembly. Image property of Fox.|
One of the benefits of living in a hotel is the free cable! I can watch Glee on Tuesday nights again! Yay!
So surprise, surprise, high schoolers drink, and Principal Figgins is not having it. He's asked Mr. Schuester to have the glee club perform an anti-alcohol number at a school assembly. The problem? To start with, Mr. Schuester himself is a drinker. In order to unwind from the stress of being a divorced man in love with a married woman constantly threatened by his nemesis Sue Sylvester, he has to knock back a beer or two. Or he'd explode. His pal Coach Bieste takes him out to a local honky tonk bar, Rosalita's Roadhouse, where they both get really crazy. Drunk off his butt he returns home and drunk-dials Emma. His message is self-destructive enough, even without accidentally sending it to Sue Sylvester. Of course, she can't keep something like that to herself.
The other problem? The glee club kids are underage drinkers! They are hardly in a place to promote abstinence from alcohol... especially after the crazy party that ensues at Rachel Berry's house while her dads are away. And, oh, the things one will do when a little more than tipsy! Brittany's running around half-naked, Santana and Sam are making out in the corner, and a little game of "Spin the Bottle" leads Blaine to make out with Rachel, causing him to question his sexuality. Maybe he's straight? Rachel sure wants him to be, and Kurt doesn't believe it. Luckily in the end Blaine realizes that he doesn't have feelings for Rachel. He is most definitely gay. So that kiss? You can blame it on the alcohol.
- Finn's explanation of the different kinds of drunk girls made me smile. Very true. We find out that Santana is a "weepy" drunk, Lauren and Quinn are "mean" drunks, Brittany's a "stripper" drunk, Mercedes and Tina are "laughing" drunks, and Rachel is a "needy" drunk.
- When Rachel kissed Blaine the music playing in the background was The Go-Go's "Johnny Are You Queer?" which is a totally awesome song.
- Lots of fun songs this week. I loved Blaine and Rachel's duet of Human League's "Don't You Want Me" and I also really liked Brittany's performance of "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha... even if it did end in vomiting. And we got to hear Coach Bieste sing for the first time in "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" along with Mr. Schue.
- I laughed every time Principal Figgins said Ke$ha's name as "Ke Dollar Sign Ha."
- Other funny lines included Brittany saying "Why is she so racist?" after Quinn referencing the phrase "like the pot calling the kettle black." Ha ha. Or when Coach Bieste said, "You ain't lived til you've seen me in a cowboy hat!" It was the way she said it. You have to say "cowboy hat" in high pitch. And hold out the "hat" a little bit... hee hee.
- Gotta' love all the smooching!
- What in the hell was Rachel wearing at her party? She looked like Melissa Gilbert in Little House on the Prairie... if she were a polygamist.
- The first original song to ever be sung on Glee was called "My Headband." How sad is that...
- I was gonna put "Oh no! Blaine is confused!" but in the end everything worked out so it's okay. I still feel bad for poor Kurt though. Rachel got to kiss the man of his dreams before he did.
- When Will's drunk voicemail to Emma (mistakenly sent to Sue) was played over the school intercom I felt soooooooo uncomfortable for him. How embarrassing... He really needs to get his love life under control. He's so pathetic.
- No Glee next week. Sad face.