Thursday, August 4, 2011

Jack of the Month: Jack John Garcia III

Well it’s my birthday this month so it should be no surprise that the "Jack of the Month" is ME!

I was born August 20, 1986 to Jack John Garcia II and Kathi Holman Richardson.  I was the firstborn child on both sides of the family, and enjoyed plenty of attention from grandparents, aunts and uncles.  Soon cousins followed but I remained an only child until I was five years old.  My brother Daniel was born in 1991 and just after our family moved from California to Colorado, my sister Renee was born in 1993.

From age seven on, I grew up in the Arkansas Valley of Colorado in the southeast corner of the state.  In small towns such as Rocky Ford, Cheraw, La Junta and Ordway, I performed well in school and by the time I graduated from Crowley County High School I was Salutatorian with a 3.9 GPA.  I had a job at Arkansas Valley AccuMed and was attending Otero Junior College before I went on a two-year mission to Chile for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from 2005 to 2007.

I returned and finished my Associate’s Degree with OJC, graduating in the spring of 2008.  I worked at CBR Youth Connect for a summer, which was a facility for troubled teen boys.  That fall I moved to Utah to attend Brigham Young University which was the beginning of a whole slew of failed school attempts.  I went there for a semester only then did an online semester through the Academy of Art University based in San Francisco, California.  I was accepted to both the Art Institute of California – Hollywood and the Art Institute of Salt Lake City but never actually attended either one.  I am currently enrolled at Utah Valley University as an English Major, with my first day being August 29th.

Although my schooling has been out of control as of late, my love life has been much more stable.  I met Brian on November 2, 2008 and the two of us have been together ever since—almost three years now.  We have lived together in two different apartments in Salt Lake City with various roommates, but we now find ourselves living with his parents in Orem, Utah.  Luckily his mother, father and sisters all love me very much, and it’s been a very enjoyable living arrangement.

I work at a movie theater, which doesn’t pay much but gives me lots of hours and is very flexible whenever I need time off.  It also gives me free movies, which I love!  Since meeting Brian I have become a very big movie buff and I love to watch movies and review them here on my blog.  I also enjoy art, musical theater, reading and writing.  Besides this blog, I’m writing a novel and hope to be a published author someday.  Teaching English would also be fun I think.

Brian and I have a crazy dream of opening a small bookstore/café in the future where we can work together surrounded by things that we love… food and literature!  We have no desires to be rich, only comfortable and happy and hopefully with a family of our own someday.

That’s my life in a blog post!  I hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

~BeX~ said...

Hey, I've always wanted to open a bookstore/cafe/treasure shop. Perhaps we should join forces...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails