Wednesday, August 3, 2011

25 Days of Jack: Day Eight

I read somewhere that a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.  I would have to agree.  I don't know why, but I've always been a cookie-lover.  Perhaps it's because my father has an insatiable sweet tooth and I've inherited it from him.  Or maybe because my mother used to bake delectable cookies all the time and it's really the only food group I grew up on.  Whoever is to blame, I will forever be a sucker for a freshly baked cookie.

Brian's job with Vivint was only for the summer, so he needed to find a new job.  He heard about a catering company called Culinary Crafts who was looking for a pastry chef.  He isn't exactly an experienced pastry chef, but he wrote up a winning cover letter and a résumé that played up to his strengths and was called back an hour later!  He’s doing a week-long trial run and I pray they can recognize his talent and potential enough to offer him the full-time job.

Yesterday was his first day and he spent thirteen hours working under the head pastry chef baking bread, muffins and… cookies!  Brian brought me home the most decadent chocolate cookies!  They were made with both dark chocolate and white chocolate and toasted macadamia nuts.  So so so so good!

Email me your favorite cookie recipe (jjgarcia3@live.com) and you could win a Joaquin the Chihuahua button AND sticker!

Wes of Utah won yesterday’s sticker.  Congratulations!

1 comment:

Elyssa said...

I sent you my moms "secret" recipe for chocolate chip cookies!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails