Sunday, August 14, 2011

25 Days of Jack: Day Nineteen

My two days spent in Disneyland were fantastic!  Now we are all having breakfast and getting ready to drive the ten hours or so back home.  We would stay longer but most of us have jobs to get back to.  Luckily I don't have to go in until 5pm tomorrow so I can sleep the day away if I wish.  Poor Jenny, who is a teacher, has an in-service bright and early.  She'll be exhausted I'm sure.

I can't believe school starts so soon.  Where did the summer go?  And you would be appalled to know how unprepared I am for school to begin on the 29th.  I haven't even registered for classes yet and it's two weeks away!

Anyway, enough about that.  Today's photos are from my 17th and 18th birthdays.  They are starting to look more like the current me, which is sad that I haven't changed much since high school.  Physically, at least.  I guess I'm hairier now, but I'm sure you really didn't want to know that.


If you count the candles you will see that there are over twenty candles on my birthday cake when I turned just seventeen...  not sure what that's all about.  Maybe my mom was feeling guilty about all those years where she didn't allow me to celebrate my birthday.  I wonder if we were Jehovah's Witnesses then...

I also like how both Daniel and I look like monkeys in that photo.  We belong in the Planet of the Apes movies.  I mean, we're not cool enough to be in the original film with Charlton Heston, but perhaps one of the weird sequels.  Like the one where they go back in time to the 70s.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails