Monday, August 15, 2011

25 Days of Jack: Day Twenty

I didn’t bring my computer with me to California.  Were you fooled by all of my pre-written and scheduled postings?  Did you imagine me sitting cross-legged in my fluffy white hotel bed, head down, busily typing away on my laptop as everyone else skedaddled to the theme parks without me?  Or perhaps I woke up early and sneaked off to the bathroom where I composed my posts while seated on the toilet, drawing inspiration from the pattern on the shower curtain.  Was I writing these while hanging upside down on the California Screamin’ ride?  While waiting in line for Splash Mountain?  During the closing number of the Aladdin show?

The answer is no, no, no and most assuredly NO!

I was having fun, baby!  But just because I’m home in boring old Orem does not mean that I have to live a boring old life!  I still have five more days of birthday celebrations and I intend to enjoy them.  I may not have anything particularly exciting planned for today, but I have a feeling it will be epic nonetheless!

Have any ideas of something fun to do?  Send me your ideas (to my email, jjgarcia3@live.com) and I’ll send you a sticker or a button—your choice!


But before you do that, be sure to take a look at these two photos from when I turned nineteen.  One looks like it came from a party all about me (look at my stringy hair!), but the other photo comes from a shared birthday celebration.  Edward and Michael Mayhoffer were close friends of mine growing up and we were all born in the month of August.  Michael’s a year younger, born on August 10th, and Edward is my age born a week before me on August 13th.

I miss those guys...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails