Friday, August 12, 2011

25 Days of Jack: Day Seventeen

When I opened the envelope containing all my old birthday photos I discovered a note from my mother saying: 
Jack,
This is all I have.  Apparently I am missing a few years!  Oops.  Bad momma!
Love you,
Mom
So these next two photos are from what I think are my 11th and 12th birthdays.  Judging by the house we are in and the number of candles I can discern, that's my best guess.  I could be wrong, but oh well.  My mother seems to have hated me when I was 9 and 10 years old...  She tries to say that she just lost the photos, but I'm willing to bet she didn't even throw me a birthday party those years.  I was probably locked up in the bell tower like some sort of hunchbacked freak!

I can't believe she did that to me.  And she wonders why I'm in Disneyland without her!


But these photos are fun to look at.  Doesn't my sister Renee look so sweet?  Aw, I remember when she was that age.  So innocent.  So cute. Whatever happened to that?  Now she's all grown up.  Too grown up if you ask me.

I also apologize for subjecting you to the horrors of my butt-crack hairdo and chubby cheeks.  Middle School wasn't the best of times for me...

2 comments:

Mishqueen said...

Now THIS is where you guys froze for me...the age you were when I left. I remember ever since Renee was an infant, but your ages in these photos is my strongest memory. Thanks for the trip down the lane!

Joaquin the Chihuahua said...

Hey, you're very welcome! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails