Here are my thoughts on the show:
- Some really great songs like "The Dance of the Robe", "Elaborate Lives", "The Gods Love Nubia", and "I Know the Truth"... but some of the others could go and die for all I care. Anything Zoser sings really, like "Another Pyramid" or "Like Father Like Son."
- This production had way too much dancing. Most of it was unnecessary... and weird. Why did they come up out of the floor like that? Why were so many of the dancers out of shape and out of synch?
- Latoya Rhodes who played Aida was fantastic! I loved her voice and she seemed to be the most capable actress of the bunch; they did a great job casting her.
- The writing is a bit cheesy and the music by Elton John and Tim Rice is distinctly 90's pop... which seems dated these days but oh well.
- Latoya Rhodes was fantastic!
- Oh, and Latoya Rhodes was fantastic!
Oh, and the only two to write me compliments were Rebecca and Michelle, so if they want more prizes I guess they can have them! There will be no chance to win a prize today because I'm not in the mood! Ha ha!