Saturday, January 1, 2011

Movies of 2010: My Fave Fifteen

I wish I could say that I've seen every movie that has come out this year, but I haven't.  With up to ten movies coming out each weekend in both limited and wide release it is simply impossible to see them all.  However, being blessed with free admission I've been able to see 52 movies during the year of 2010!

And yet there are a ton of movies I was absolutely dying to see that I was unable to see, such as Youth in Revolt, The Runaways, The Karate Kid, 8: The Mormon Proposition, Eat Pray Love, The American, Buried, Let Me In (although I have seen the original Swedish film Let the Right One In), Conviction, Paranormal Activity 2, For Colored Girls, 127 Hours (Brian saw it without me), I Love You Philip Morrisand Rabbit Hole among others.

So, knowing that there are many movies I didn't even see, I now present to you my fifteen favorite movies of 2010:

15.  Tangled
Come on, it's Disney.  You gotta' love Disney.  And she has magical, glowing hair!
14.  Devil
A great horror flick that felt like a throwback to the early days.  Simple and fun.
13.  Hereafter
Matt Damon can do no wrong in my opinion.
12.  Easy A
Smart, charming, and hilarious!  This year's Mean Girls.
11.  How to Train Your Dragon
In my opinion, this is Dreamworks' best animated flick ever.  What boy doesn't want a pet dragon?
10.  Kick-Ass
The name says it all... this movie kicked a**.  Especially that little girl.
9.  Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Visually awesome.  One of the most stylistically creative movies of the year and so entertaining!
8.  The Social Network
A wonderful commentary on our times and it even had Justin Timberlake.
7.  Shutter Island
Leonardo DiCaprio.  Spooky, thrilling, and not what you expect.  Oh, and Leonardo DiCaprio.
6.  The Ghost Writer
A brilliant mystery that has you intrigued from start to finish. Loved, loved, loved the ending!
5.  The King's Speech
Oh my goodness this movie was so funny!  Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush are amazing.
4.  Inception
Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Nolan.  Mind-boggling and captivating.
3.  Black Swan
Oscar!  Natalie Portman needs an Oscar!  This movie is bizarre, and surreal, and fantastic.
2.  Toy Story 3
It was like being a kid all over again.  Funny and clever as always, with such heart.
1.  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part1
I'm a nerd, I know, but seeing as I saw this one four times, it had to be number one on my list!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails