Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes

My dear sweet auntie doesn't have cable, so we were unable to watch the Golden Globes last night.  Brian's mom back in Utah was kind enough to invite us over to her house to watch it, but we didn't really feel up to the drive.  I'm sure the ceremony wasn't worth it.

I just wanted to make a few comments about the results.  First off, being a HUGE GLEEK I was very happy with the show's win!  Congratulations, Glee!  I'm also very happy for Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch who both won for their supporting roles on the series.  They play my two favorite characters, Kurt and Sue, and I'm just absolutely thrilled that they were recognized for their work! 

Secondly, although I love, love, love, love, love The Social Network, I don't think it should have won over Black Swan.  Or that Fincher should have won over Aronofsky.  At least they gave Natalie Portman the award.  She truly was spectacular.  But seriously, Aronofsky's Black Swan is a far superior film.

Colin Firth's win makes me happy and so does Toy Story 3's win (although it's hardly a surprise).  And most of the other awards I don't really care about so that's that.

One last thing.  What on earth were some of the celebrities wearing?  Yuck.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails