Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Movies of 2006: My Fave Five

5.  V for Vendetta
“Remember, remember the 5th of November.”  A very cool movie about people overthrowing their government by any means necessary.  Plus there is some beautiful dialogue in it!  “It seems strange that my life should end in such a terrible place, but for three years I had roses and apologized to no one.”
4.  The Pursuit of Happyness
I love me some Will Smith!  And this movie pulled at my heartstrings and had me crying like a big ol’ baby… so good!
3.  Little Miss Sunshine
One of many movies about a dysfunctional family, but this one is one of my favorites.  When little Olive dances like a stripper to “Superfreak” at the beauty pageant, I almost peed my pants!  Hilarious!
2.  The Devil Wears Prada
There are four big reasons why I love this movie:  Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt, and Stanley Tucci.  Need I say more?
1.  Marie Antoinette
18th Century Versailles has never looked this awesome.  Set to a wonderful score of pop rock goodies like “I Want Candy,” the movie shows us that the royal class was really the superstars of their day.  It has a beautiful esthetic and sheds a more favorable light on the infamous Marie Antoinette.

Honorable Mentions:  The Holiday, Perfume:  The Story of a Murderer, A Prairie Home Companion

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails