Friday, November 8, 2013

THANKFUL: Day 8


I'm thankful to have a car to drive.  His name is Urkel, after Steve Urkel, as a nod to the car's decade and general geekiness.  I'm thankful for my friend Zeek who bought a way cooler new car and sold me his old one.  I'm thankful for my mom and stepdad who loaned me the money to buy it from him.  I'm thankful for all the work those 90's engineers at Toyota did when they made this car 23 years ago.  I'm thankful for sunny days even in November.  I'm thankful that the roads aren't icy and snowy yet.  I realize that for posting this I will be cursed with both ice and snow tomorrow.  I'm thankful that winter doesn't last forever.  I'm thankful that I'm not riding the bus anymore... although sometimes I miss the people-watching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails