Saturday, November 2, 2013

THANKFUL: Day 2


I'm thankful for my husband, Brian, and the fun times we have together.  Like our first-ever trip to  Wendover, Nevada.  We went with the Provo Pride Fun Bus today and boy was it ever fun.  We filled up our red Solo cups with margaritas and chatted up other gay and gay-friendly Utah County citizens as we drove northwest towards our destination.  Once there Brian learned to play Blackjack and I learned how to say no to desserts at an all-you-can-eat buffet.  It's harder than it looks.  I'm thankful for the group of people we went with, most of whom I met through my work with the Provo Pride Council.  I'm thankful for the transgendered and the gender-queer.  I'm thankful for the straight, the bisexual, the bi-curious and the gay.  I'm thankful for those who resist gender stereotypes, who fight for equality in our community, who refuse to be marginalized.  I'm thankful for men in floppy, white sun hats who are thrown out of BYU-housing.  I'm thankful for straight bandmembers who played at our wedding reception and ours only.  I'm thankful for fat comedians and gay florists and Japanese-manga-reading women who tell me of their love lives, who sit with me or hug me or tell us that we're their favorite gay married couple.

I'm thankful for my husband, Brian... or have I mentioned that already?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails