Sunday, November 24, 2013

THANKFUL: Day 24


I'm thankful for time.  Yes, time.  I'm thankful that I've been granted time here on this planet.  I'm grateful for my life.  This life.  Here and now as the clock ticks by, turning seconds into moments into memories.  And as exciting as the 1920s might seem to be--with the jazz and the flappers and the style--I'm grateful to have been born in the era that I was born in.  Most of the time.  I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with Brian, even if it's squeezed between laundry and work and baking macarons.  Even if it's only after 11:00 PM.  I'm thankful that I've got hours to write in, hours to read, hours to play.  I'm thankful that I live in a time when I can use my phone to chat with Chileans on Facebook, call my mom in Idaho, text my dad in Colorado and see a photo of my niece.  All while emailing a professor as I walk to my car.  I'm thankful that time comes in phases, with each new day or month or year bringing new challenges and new self-identities.  I'm thankful I have the time to be thankful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails