Sunday, November 10, 2013

THANKFUL: Day 10


I'm thankful for home-cooked meals!  I'm thankful to be married to a man that can cook!  The kitchen might be in a constant state of disarray, but I'm thankful for the smells wafting through the apartment.  I'm thankful for the delicious meals.  Tonight was fried chicken with mashed potatoes and carrots.  Some nights it's stir fry.  Other nights it's pork chops.  Pasta, homemade brownies, waffles or Buffalo wings.  Fresh guacamole.  Pumpkin soup.  You name it, he'll make it.  I'm thankful that we can afford groceries.  I'm thankful we can borrow from his mother's pantry at times.  Or his father's garden.  I'm thankful that I can contribute by at least washing the dishes.  I'm thankful that I've never gone hungry in my life.  I'm thankful for comfort food.  I'm thankful for comfort.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails