Tuesday, November 5, 2013

THANKFUL: Day 5


I'm thankful for NaNoWriMo, which stands for National Novel Writing Month.  It's this crazy thing that some of us writers do.  We attempt to write a novel of 50,000 words in 30 days.  I've attempted it before and was even successful once.  It was absolute shit, but it hit the word quota.  That being said, I'm thankful for the delete button.  I'm also thankful for hot chocolate, Microsoft Word, books and authors that inspire me, the support of my husband and--most importantly--my imagination.  I'm thankful for Jack and the Beanstalk, my main inspiration for this tale I've been tackling for the last few years.  I'm thankful for words and letters and metaphors and punctuation.  I'm thankful for poetry and imagery.  I'm thankful for the English language and the beauty that is the phrase "cellar door."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails