Friday, April 2, 2010

Gullible Me

So, after I published yesterday's post, I went ahead and started to check out the frivolous and fun sites that I regularly peruse.  Natalie Dee, Post Secret, and Mugglenet are some of the ones I like to check up on.  So yesterday, I'm catching up on the latest Harry Potter news (or so I think) and the first article I read says something about Scholastic re-releasing the books to the new Facebook generation of kids with new titles like "Harry Potter and the Super Cool Stone" or "Harry Potter and a Bad Guy Who's Actually Okay."  WTF?  J.K. Rowling must be furious!!  Can they do that?

Then I read the next article.  It's an update on the seventh film, which states that they have a ton of great footage and the big WB execs have decided to do it in THREE parts instead of two.  The article said the third part wouldn't be released until Summer 2013 just to extend the money-making franchise as much as possible.  Oh brother!  I mean, I don't want them to end either, but a 3-part finale spanning 3 years?  That's just ridiculous!

Then I read an article confirming that J.K. Rowling is indeed writing again, and that it's a prequel to the Harry Potter series about a wizard named Elvendork who is a tightrope walker and owner of three London pubs.  Oh no!  Her career is going to go down the drain!  What a stupid idea for a book!

I grabbed my phone and texted Brian feverishly, "I've just heard some horrible Harry Potter news!"  And then it hit me.  It was April 1st and I had been completely April Fooled!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails