|New Directions singing "We Need a Little Christmas" to a classroom of underwhelmed students. Image property of Fox.|
Meanwhile, to raise money for a charity, the glee kids go classroom to classroom singing Christmas carols. They get a shoe thrown at them, so they give up pretty quickly. Besides, they have more important issues to deal with. Like the fact that Brittany still believes in Santa. Artie doesn't want to tell her otherwise, and encourages the other club members to play along. But when Brittany asks the mall Santa to make Artie walk, everyone realizes that "playing along" might be harder than they all expected.
However, all ends well. Sue's heart grows three sizes, Will doesn't spend Christmas alone, and Artie walks... sorta. It's a Christmas miracle!
- Black Santa. Awesome.
- "Baby, It's Cold Outside" sung by Blaine and Kurt. Adorable. Can't these two fall in love already? And I love how Kurt explains their relationship: "We're just friends. I'm in love with him but at least he's gay. I call that progress."
- Sue Sylvester dressed up as the Grinch, while stealing all the presents and destroying the decorations at school was just spot-on hilarious. Having Brittany enter dressed like Cindy Lou Who and catch "Sue the Grinch" in the act was also very funny. Thank you, Dr. Seuss.
- Beiste's scene with Brittany was tender and sweet. Dressed as Santa, Beiste let Brittany know that sometimes we can't get exactly what we ask for. Sometimes we get patience instead.
- With Jewish students like Rachel and Puck I feel that they could have incorporated some Hanukkah into the episode. Just saying.
- Everyone still hates the glee kids. What's annoying, is that I don't exactly buy it. I think high school kids would love having class interrupted for any reason at all, even if it's a choir singing Christmas songs. It's not like the kids sound bad. Geeks or not, their voices are impressive. When will the other students recognize that?
- No more Glee until February... :(