Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 Days: Post Office

The other night I was watching the local news, and I was impressed with the hard-hitting investigation they were doing.  The reporter was live on the scene with one of the most timely stories one can imagine.  It's been on everybody's minds lately, and this reporter was ready to find out the cold hard truth from the officials who would know best. 

"This is news," I thought, "This is NEWS!"  I was on the edge of my seat as the reporter broke through the crowd, found the man of the hour, and asked him the all-important question: "Is it too late for our packages to arrive before Christmas?"

Wow.  Oh my gosh, wow.

The postal worker smiled at the camera, and said reassuringly, "You still have plenty of time all this week to mail your packages."  But he did have a word of warning:  "Obviously, the sooner the better."

Brilliant journalism.  Just brilliant.

So today Brian and I went to the post office and mailed the box of presents for my dad, stepmom, sister and brother.  Just one box to mail this year.  Not too bad.  We also bought some more stamps so that we can mail out our Christmas cards.  Oh, and the line at the post office wasn't even that bad.  We were in and out in maybe fifteen minutes, which surprisingly, was shorter than that news segment even.  Almost twenty minutes spent interviewing a postal worker, can you believe it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails