Thursday, September 23, 2010

Exclamation Point Update

Do you recall a blog post of mine from August 23rd entitled, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?  Well, click the exclamation points if you have forgotten and need to reread it.  It told of an email I received from my friend Eva, who is a singer/songwriter, about our contract being completed so we can begin work on a joint project.  It was a happy day indeed, worthy of celebration and excess punctuation. 

However, on August 29th I received another email, stating the following:

My husband and manager had about 10 changes and sent them off....when we're 100% satisfied I'll have her read it....things are moving though

At least we have a starting contract.....Hope to send it soon :-D

What?  They sent the contracts back!?  I mean, let's be realistic here.  It took a year just to get the lawyers to write it up in the first place, and now we're asking them to make changes?  Who are we kidding?

But mere moments ago I was pleasantly surprised to see this message in my inbox:

Just a quick note to say that the final provisions are being made and you will be receiving your contract very soon!!!!  Tomorrow perhaps!!!


It may appear scary with all the lawyer babble but remember the $10,000 and the fun we'll have creating it :-)


Can't wait!!

Well, Eva, I can't wait either!  So to everyone out there reading this, I ask that you please say a little prayer, knock on wood, cross your fingers, and wear your lucky underwear to make this a reality!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails