Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cabbage Soup Diet: Day Five

Here we are again at the end of another long diet day.  The fifth day of the Cabbage Soup Diet has us eating the titular soup along with 10-20 ounces of beef and up to six tomatoes!  Woo hoo!

Not a huge fan of tomatoes plain and unaccompanied, but the beef was definitely a plus.  I've been a vegetarian for the past four days, so it was nice to sink my teeth into something carnivorous.  Brian prepared small little hamburger patties for me before heading to work, so all day I've just been reheating them and eating them along with some tomatoes.  I found that if I skewer some beef and tomato onto my fork at the same time, it's actually quite tasty and satisfying.

Tonight I went out with some friends to see Going the Distance and they loaded up on popcorn and cookies while I sat there with a growling stomach.  They kept "forgetting" I was on this diet and would offer me whatever they were eating.  Such temptation!  However, I stayed strong.  No delicious movie treats for me.

Just two more days.  Just two more days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails