Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wizard Week: Secret Screening of 'Deathly Hallows Part 2'

I love MuggleNet!  That's where I get most of my awesome Harry Potter news.  Recently there was a secret screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in Chicago, and the staff of MuggleNet was tipped off and able to attend.  On their site they have written a "spoiler-free" review of the final film, which still contains plenty of fun spoilers in my opinion!  Here are some things I've learned about the last movie:
  • The Battle of Hogwarts takes up an hour of the movie.  And guess what?  That's half the total running time!  The movie is only two hours long, making it the shortest Harry Potter movie yet.  (Unless of course you lump Part 1 and Part 2 together, making Deathly Hallows the longest movie ever).
  • In the book, Hermione and Ron tell Harry that they destroyed a horcrux by traveling to the Chamber of Secrets and using the basilisk fang.  In the movie, we will actually get to see them doing it.
  • Professor McGonagall and Neville both get featured pretty prominently.
  • Molly Weasley's famous line "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B****!" is in the movie!  Yes!
  • The Prince's Tale is supposedly done really well,letting us understand Snape's character even more.
  • Sirius Black is in this movie and he gives Harry some advice.  Maybe I'm a bad fan, but I don't really remember this happening... I mean, he's dead.
  • The article also hinted at a big change during a critical scene towards the end... and I'm dying to know what exactly they are talking about!  Whatever it was, they said they didn't like it.  AAH!
  • Overall, MuggleNet loved the movie.  They said that it's close to the book and that fans will enjoy it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails