Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wizard Week Ask Joaquin: A Trio of Harry Potter Questions Gets Answered by Yours Truly

I received so many great Harry Potter questions for this week’s “Ask Joaquin” that I decided to answer more than one.  I hope you enjoy reading my responses!

From Rebecca:  If you could undo the death of any Harry Potter character, who would it be and why?

Great question!  Although I bawled my eyes out when Dumbledore died, I wouldn’t undo his death.  I feel like his death needed to happen; he knew what he was doing when he asked Snape to do what he did.  He also lived a long and full life, and all great things must come to an end.

So who would I save?  It would have to be Sirius Black.  I always thought it was such a tragedy for Harry to discover at age 13 he has a loving godfather just to have him taken away two years later.  It would have been nice for Harry to eventually live with Sirius like they had talked about, especially since Sirius always had such great advice and held so many memories of Harry’s family that he could share over the years.  And Sirius was still so young!!  He never got married or anything.  He just lived his life in prison… it’s so sad!

From Kelsey:  Would you rather be excellent at magic like Hermione, a natural at Quidditch like Harry, or have an amazing magical family like Ron?

First off, it’s sad that your question makes it sound like Ron doesn’t have any special abilities… he just has a family.  Ha ha.  But I guess it’s true.  He’s not exceptionally gifted at anything really, is he?  Except for making Hermione swoon I suppose.  And snogging.  Apparently he’s very good at that, or else Lavender wouldn’t have kissed him so much.

Let me get back to your question, though.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not at all interested in sports, so I wouldn’t really care to be a great Quidditch player.  And as far as having Ron’s family is concerned, I’m already blessed with a terrific family of my own.  So I would choose to have Hermione’s knack for magic.  Oh, the things I could do with a wand!

From Andrew:  If you could make out with any Harry Potter character, who would it be and why?

Scandalous!  Oh my, oh my!  Well, Andrew, you've told me who you would make out with (Ginny), so I guess it's only fair that I share mine.  At first I was just going to say Harry.  I mean, who wouldn't want to make out with the boy who lived?  But then I felt like there were some overlooked guys who might be pretty fun to kiss.  I decided to bring Brian in on the action, so together the two of us have come up with a list of characters besides Harry Potter who we would like to smooch.  So here they are, in no particular order:
  • Oliver Wood-  He's totally cute, has a Scottish accent, and is the Gryffindor Captain.  Too bad he graduated so early on in the series.
  • Dean Thomas-  He's black... and he has nice teeth.  Did we mention he's black?
  • Gilderoy Lockhart-  He may be dumb, but he did win Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award.  He's basically got that British older man charm and he's a snazzy dresser!
  • Fred and George Weasley-  (at the same time)  They are very funny, with fiery red hair, and they are more than a little mischievous.  Plus now that they are business owners, they have plenty of money.
  • Draco Malfoy-  He's a tortured soul, which gives him a dark Gothic sensuality.  And his hair is so shiny!
  • Tom Riddle- (before he became ugly) He seems so calm and tranquil, yet in his eyes there is a fierce animal magnetism.  There's something very sexy about a man with so much power and ambition.
  • Young Grindlewald-  He's mysterious and he's gay.  I mean, rumor has it he dated Dumbledore which makes him very desirable.
  • Firenze-  He's part man, part horse.  Too kinky?  Maybe.  But definitely a tale to tell.
Have a question?  Ask Joaquin!

1 comment:

Sydney Carlson said...

Um, this made my day. That is all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails