Thursday, April 4, 2013

Light at the End?

There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but nobody said there was an obstacle course to get to it. Sure the semester ends in just a couple of weeks, but in those weeks there are a myriad of hoops for me to jump through, Herculean tasks to prove myself a hero. In class today my professor congratulated me for a paper being published in Essais. "Are you presenting it at Popomology?" she asked. "Um, no, I haven't heard..." "Oh," she said. "I'm the faculty advisor for the journal. Someone should have contacted you. Consider yourself invited." So now I'm giving a 10-minute presentation with visuals and participating in a Q&A session. Next Thursday. For reals.

I also have a poem to memorize and recite, some finals to prepare for, a smattering of papers to write, a group presentation to give, more reading and countless other assignments that have fallen under my radar. Please, God of Academia, hear my plea and deliver me from this evil! Thank you. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails