Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm Just Insane Enough to Try This Again...



Once upon a time I attempted the 60-day total-body conditioning program known as Insanity.  I watched the DVDs and followed along as best as I could.  Host Shaun T led me and my television friends into a series of jumps and kicks and squats and other pain-inducing exercises meant to shed pounds and sculpt us all into the toned, muscled hotness that is himself.  That was the idea at least.  I did pretty well for the first couple of days, until I skipped a day here, then another there, and we all know how that pattern spirals into a complete disaster.  I think in the end I did about 21 days of it, but not consecutively.  In other words, I didn't really do it.

And do you know what?  I'm just insane enough to try this again...

So this morning, being a Monday, I popped in the Fit Test DVD and started the first day of the first week of an 8-week program (9 if you count the recovery week between months 1 and 2).  That means I've got to do this 6-days a week until June 22nd to earn my free Insanity t-shirt and hopefully look and feel like a sexy stud muffin.

As you can see by my face, I'm terrified.

To help track my progress, I'm supposed to complete the fit test every couple weeks or so.  Here are today's numbers... which are pathetic.  We had to count the number of reps we could do in a minute.

Switch Kicks: 61
Power Jacks: 46
Power Knees: 78
Power Jumps: 28
Globe Jumps: 10
Suicide Jumps: 13
Push-Up Jacks: 17
Low Plank Obliques: 38

Everybody, wish me luck!  I'm already sore all over...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails