Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Pay Me Already, Jeff!

I completed the “Happily Ever After” video for the group He Is We and had it emailed to their manager Jeff Levin on the 6th of June. On the 7th I sent a text to Jeff, to verify the video’s arrival through cyberspace, and he replied that he had gotten it. He was on his way to the airport to pick up Rachel and Trevor of the group, and they planned on watching it together that very night.

I was nervous that they wouldn’t like it. Even more nervous the next evening when I still hadn’t heard anything back from them. Finally on the 9th I sent Jeff a text saying, “So?...” to which he replied, “They loved it. We’ll talk about the video tomorrow.”

Whew. At least they were pleased with it. After working for months on a different project called “White Tower” the singer Eva sent me an email saying “I wish I could say that I loved it…. but I can’t.” She hated it. She went on for paragraphs talking about how much she hated it. Detailing point by point each one of her grievances. It was excruciatingly painful to read! I loved the video. I put in hundreds and hundreds of hours into it. And it all seemed a waste of time.

So it was sigh of relief to know that the musicians were happy with my interpretation of their song. However, he did say he wanted to talk about it. Perhaps there were changes he wanted to be made…

Well, I still don’t know if that’s the case or not. Tomorrow never comes, as they say. And we’ve been back and forth through text messages, missed calls, voicemails, and emails ever since. All saying things like, “I’ve been busy in the studio… been waiting on your call, actually” or “I’ll be home all day tomorrow, give me a ring” or “Sorry I missed you. Let’s definitely chat sometime next week.”

I finally sent him an email saying, “Looks like we can’t get a hold of each other. Here’s my address though, so you can mail me a check.”

Still no word, and still no check.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails