Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Harry Potter and the Tia Loca

My intent tonight was to talk about an exciting visit with some of my relatives today, but as soon as I got online I remembered that today was the day the trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released!  Forget about my family, the first official trailer is up and it's fantastic!

Check it out at mugglenet.com, where I saw it.

Okay, well, while I'm on here blogging... I may as well talk about my family.

I watched the trailer five times, by the way.  I couldn't stop!  It was like, "replay," "replay," "replay."  Sorry, I'm obsessing about it again.  Ugh.. Back to my family.

You see, I have an uncle named Charlie (my dad's brother) who currently lives in Cincinnati, Ohio with his wife Jodi and there six children Jessica, Christina, Andrea, Daniel, Julia, and Stephen (and if I got the names wrong, I apologize.  In my defense, I rarely see them).  They happened to be in Utah this past weekend for a family reunion on Jodi's side, and my Aunt Rachel (affectionately known as Tia Loca) decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.  She could see her brother and his family, while also seeing me and getting to meet Brian for the first time.  All in one trip!  So she and her daughter Mariana drove out here too, and we all sort of met up today at Temple Square.

On a side note, I wonder how many people can actually kill two birds with one stone.  Why birds?  Why a stone?  Hmm, anyway, if anyone could I bet Harry Potter could.  Yes.  Harry Potter or Hermione Granger.  Heck, Hermione could probably kill three and not even need a stone.  Ron couldn't though.  He's too dumb.

Was I just rambling on about Harry Potter, again?  I'm so sorry!  Seriously, you need to see this trailer.  November isn't coming soon enough!  It's only June.  Well, almost July.  But still June.  Today is June.  Today I was with my extended family!  Oh, I should really tell you about that!

So Brian and I went to Temple Square where we were greeted warmly by everyone.  Interesting I should use the word warmly since today was a scorcher!  We ducked into visitor's centers, the Tabernacle, the Conference Center, etc, just to stay out of the hot sun.  Every five minutes seemed to be another potty break/fill up the ol' canteen break. Outside we would drag our feet in heat exhaustion, sweating profusely and collapsing in dusty heaps as tumbleweeds rolled on by.  Those Mormon pioneers had it easy compared to the sight-seeing day we had!

After Temple Square, Brian had to run off to work, and I stayed with the rest of the gang. We spent some time back at our apartment, watching some of my animation and just talking.  It was a relief to be sitting lazily in my air-conditioned home sweet home.  We killed time (not birds) until about 6:30 when we headed to the Gateway Mall to have dinner at Applebee's with my mom's cousin Julie and her daughter Melissa.  Apparently, Julie and my Uncle Charlie were friends growing up and even dated.  In fact, he was such a smooth operator that he said to her, "You have nice thumbs," just to hold her hand.  Wow.  Her thumbs?

I bet Harry Potter wouldn't use such a lame pickup line.  He'd say something much hotter like, "You must be a veela, because you make me horny."  Speaking of horny, my uncle came across a box of condoms at a discount store that only sells expired items.  A man saw them and asked my uncle, "would you use them?" to which my aunt piped in, "I have six children, thank you very much, and I'm not risking a seventh!" 

Speaking of seventh, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh movie in the franchise.  Well, it'll be the seventh and eighth since it's in two parts.  I really wish the two parts would be released more closely together.  I mean, we'll start it in November and have to wait until...  Oh no.  I'm doing it again, aren't I?

Maybe I should just give up.  The visit was great.  Lots of laughter.  Lots of catching up.  Smiles all around.  The end.

By the way, I've watched the preview another eight times while writing this.

Actually, make that nine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails