Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wow... Like A Whole Month Passed By or Something...

I cannot believe how quickly time flies by! I remember once a man in Chile was trying to convince me that the world is coming to an end because every year was literally shorter than the last. He said, "When I was a kid I remember time went by very slowly. It seemed an eternity between birthdays and Christmas. Nowadays, time just goes faster and faster. It seems like just yesterday I had a birthday and yet it's already been a whole year. So you see? Time is speeding up and eventually it'll be gone."

What a stupid man.

However, I agree that it feels like it's going by faster the older I get. My birthday is just a few days away and I can hardly believe it. I can hardly believe it's been a month since I last posted on here.

Daniel and Renee stayed here for two whole weeks but it didn't feel long at all. We didn't do anything crazy, just enjoyed being under the same roof for a while. I still had work and stuff, but when I was home we played games, watched movies, and just enjoyed ourselves immensely.

On Saturday July 31st Brian and I threw a big Harry Potter party to celebrate the character's birthday. We played Quidditch in the park, ate a huge feast, and played some fun games. It was a fun night, and perhaps when I have a bit more time I'll write more about the Quidditch. There's a funny story with that.

My brother and sister left on the 3rd of August and promptly got into trouble back home. Well, Renee did. Her boyfriend pulled a gun on some kid who was hitting on her, and Renee almost got arrested when she refused to tell the cops anything. Luckily she cooperated in the end, but got so sad and depressed about the whole thing that she ended up staying the night in a psych ward. Not good. I think everything has cooled off now.

My ex-stepdad Steve and his wife came over for dinner on the 7th. They were in Utah visiting her family and they brought some stuff that I had left in the old Burlington house. It was a good visit. They had never met Brian, and they were definitely impressed with his cooking.

Brian quit the movie theater and got a new job doing customer support. He still works at the cooking store. I still work selling lotion and clothes at both of my lame mall jobs, however, I took a step down from my managerial role and will be focusing more time on creative projects of my own. Both Brian and I needed to get out of the rut we were in and do something different.

I'm getting rid of my "Veronica and Friends" blog and merging the comics into this one. Brian and I are going to collaborate on an animated cooking show called "Kesler's Kitchen" to go along with his same-named blog. It should be really cool, and I'll let you know more about that when we get it going.

And that's it basically. Time marches on, and I've got to get to work soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails