Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daniel and Renee

A few weeks ago I was texting my brother and asking him how his summer was going. He said it was pretty boring. I asked if he had managed to find a summer job, and his answer was no. So I told him to go out and do something, to which he also replied no. As you can see, my brother is one of those one-word-texters.

And the idea struck me! He and my sister should come stay with me for a while!!

So it was decided (pretty quickly actually) that Daniel and Renee were going to drive out here on the 27th and stay until the 3rd. A whole week! I was very, very excited. The three of us have been apart for so much of our lives that it's always a blessing to get together. And although I had just seen them in May, this time they would be coming here. "They'll get to see our apartment! And how we live! And we can take them here! And we can do this!" Whereas our last time together was so short and on their turf, I was thrilled that I could spend time with them here and away from our parentals who basically just get in the way!

Then this last Wednesday, I got a very cryptic and ominous call from my father. "Call your sister. She won't answer to any of us. Just call her." What?? So afraid my sister was going to hurt herself or do something stupid I called her. Voicemail. I called her again. Voicemail. I sent her a text. Nothing.

A little later she called me back sounding happy and hyper as usual. So apparently everything was fine. She did say that she wanted to get away from things for a while and that she and Daniel would be coming out earlier than planned. The very next day to be exact.

So Brian came home and I told him the news and we quickly cleaned the house and got their sleeping situation figured out. Luckily, neither of us worked Thursday night so we were around to greet them when they arrived from their long drive. I'm surprised Daniel's car made the trip!!

They've been here a few days now and it's been a lot of fun. Brian's made us some delicious feasts, we've played board games and video games, we've done some back-to-school shopping at the mall, and we've watched some movies.

And we still have over a week left to play together!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails