Sunday, March 9, 2014

Waiting...

My coworkers and I signed the wall of our Zales store on its last night.  It's being turned into a T-Mobile.
The final snapchat of our apartment before we turned in our keys.

"Crap, I forgot to bring Waiting... for you.  I'll bring it tomorrow."

My friend and coworker Krystal has been saying that to me a couple times a month ever since Brian started working at Mimi's Cafe.  Now that he's a server, she thinks he'll really appreciate the 2005 comedy starring Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris and Justin Long.  It's about waiters if you haven't figured it out.  And yes, the ellipses is really part of the movie title.  Look it up on IMDb if you don't believe me.

I just laughed and told her we couldn't be friends anymore.  Waiting for Waiting... is the last straw of our friendship.  That's it.  I'm done.  I've waited too long.

And that's how I feel with life right now.  Tired of waiting.

Since I haven't blogged in over three months (I just now realized that all six of you in Cyberland who read this have been waiting anxiously for my next post... I'm so sorry!  And if you didn't even notice my absence, just humor me), you probably don't know that lots has changed in the lives of Jack and Brian.  Where to begin?  Let's see.  Christmas was fine and dandy, New Year's was great, and then BAM!  "We're sorry to inform you that the Provo location is closing in two weeks.  You can interview for a transfer to the Orem Zales."

Yep.  My Zales location shut down at the end of January.  Thankfully, I was able to keep my job.  And I really am very grateful.  The only real downside is that the Orem location is already fully staffed, so they only had room for me and the other Provo workers to come in part-time.  My hours got cut from 40 hours to a mere 25.  That's a big deal.  So with me not making as much money and Macaron hitting a slow patch in terms of sales, Brian and I are broke!  Which leads me to the next big change for us...

We're now back to living with the in-laws.  Brian and his mom got to talking and decided that the apartment we lived in was too pricey (they even wanted to raise the rent again this year) and it would be a good idea to move back home for a bit to save up some money and look for a cheaper place.  In order to help make our living situation as cheap as possible, Brian and I have decided to get roommates.  I know what you're thinking, "A married couple with roommates?  That's lame."  And you're right, it kinda is.  But so is being 27 years old and living at home.  Brian and I are learning to embrace our lameness.

I bet you're waiting to get to the part about us waiting, right?  So here's the deal.  Brian and I looked at a house for rent near downtown Provo that we absolutely love.  It's an old home built in 1910, has tons of charm, tons of space, is walking distance from great restaurants and shops, and is generally just the bee's knees.  Brian's cousin Brett and our friend Aaron will be living with us and between the four of us, the place is very affordable (for us, almost $300 less a month than we used to pay).  We've filled out the application and now we are just waiting to hear back from them.  We filled it out Friday morning and I've literally been a nervous wreck ever since.  I cannot stop thinking about this house.  I just want to live in it!  PLEASE?

To add to the waiting, I had an interview with American Eagle on Friday afternoon for an assistant manager position.  It would be full-time hours and a pay raise, plus an opportunity to move upward in retail (an opportunity that Zales sadly doesn't seem to provide; always bringing in management from the outside).  My interview seemed to go really well and afterwards my friend Kylee, who is the other assistant manager there, told me that her boss loved me.  He said I was the "smartest applicant yet."  So now I'm waiting to hear back from that as well.

So here I am.  Waiting.  The weekend seems to drag on and I just hope come Monday or Tuesday I will know about the house and know about the job.  Please, if you're reading this, cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails