Saturday, March 22, 2014

How To Put Air in Your Tires and Other News

If you were wanting some sort of update on my last post, well, you're just out of luck.  I'm so sorry.  I'd give you one, but I'm still waiting.  The house we wanted to rent in Provo is actually willing to rent to us... but there are new complications now so we're waiting on that.  And as far as the other job goes, I'm still waiting to hear back from that as well.  I did have a second interview since I last wrote, but yeah, still no job offer.  Our friend Brett is also waiting for a job offer, one that might suddenly whisk him away to Washington, which is one of the "new complications" with the house.  The other complication is that they want to up the rent because we're not a family.  If I got the new job the rent increase wouldn't be so bad... but without Brett we can't get that house at all... and you see now why we're still waiting.

We wait and we wait.

Waiting.

Do you know how waiting rooms have magazines in them?  I read an issue of Martha Stewart Living cover-to-cover simply because Brian's dad bought it for him because there were macarons on the front cover.  Martha Stewart claims you can make macarons for just 18 cents each!  HOLY WOW!  But then you read the article and they're like half the size of ours and she gets really skimpy on the almond flour and, well, I guess you learn all kinds of frugal tips when you serve a prison sentence.  It's weird because I never once saw a character eating macarons on Netflix's Orange is the New Black.  Season 2 starts on June 6th in case you were wondering.  Just a little FYI.

And when your front left tire is super low, resembling a stack of really burnt pancakes, you probably shouldn't wait a week or two or three to fix it.  But, you know, since waiting is my new mantra in life I decided to wait until Brian finally said to me, "Listen, I'm not going to take care of it for you.  You're a grown man, you can figure it out yourself."

"But, I don't know how."

"Google it."

So I did.  The internet really is a remarkable place.  I found this helpful YouTube video in the blink of an eye (or maybe a little longer because the mall wifi was being slow):



Dave's not very exciting, but he taught me how to do it in only 54 seconds, so points for being succinct.  I was embarrassed at how incredibly easy it was.  Also embarrassed that I've never had to put air in my tires in almost 28 years of life.  Crazy.  I've also never had to survive in the wild or juggle chainsaws on a tightrope either.  I guess I just ain't living.

Also, I'm still waiting to borrow that Waiting... DVD.  What the heck, Krystal?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails