Monday, November 7, 2011

An Excerpt from 'Jacky Boy' Chapter 4

As I mentioned already, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo and trying to get a novel knocked out before the month ends.  My book was once titled Jacked then Jack Sprat and now I'm calling it Jacky Boy and it's about a gay teenager named Jack who climbs a beanstalk, meets a giant and deals with quite a lot of other issues.  I've featured the first draft of Chapter 1 on this blog way back in August, and yesterday I featured a small portion of Chapter 3.  Here is a tiny bit of what is currently the fourth chapter.

To explain a little, Jack just found out he was fired from the movie theater he worked at.  While there, he runs into his friend and coworker George ("Georgy Porgy") who apologizes for not visiting Jack in the hospital (after his fall down the hill) and then teases him a little...
“So how have you been, Jacky Boy?  I’m sorry I never got a chance to see you.”

“Meh, don’t worry about it.  From what I hear I was knocked out most of the time.”

“Oh, well in that case, I visited you every day there, Jacky!  Ha ha.  You were just sleepin’ away like a little angel.”  George smiled again.  He sure was smiley.  Like jolly old Saint Nick.

“So how has it been around here?” asked Jack.  “Super busy?”

“Super slow.  Nobody wants to come to this ragtag theater anymore.  Folks would rather drive an hour to Castle and go to that new theater they’ve got up there.  Fourteen screens!  And the chairs recline back and everything.”

 “Do you know what’s the best part though?”

“No.  What?”

George leaned over the counter a little and whispered into Jack’s ear.  “The armrests push up.”

“So?” said Jack, his heart rate accelerating a little to have even fat ol’ Georgy’s face next to his.  He could feel his breath trickling down his neck, perking up every microscopic hair along the way.

“With the armrests out of the picture,” George whispered, “it’s much easier for two people to make out.”  And with that he slid his tongue into Jack’s ear before jumping back in hysterical fits of laughter. 

1 comment:

jenny said...

I WISH I COULD FIND TIME TO DO THIS-!!! good luck-!! can't wait to read the finished version. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails