|Brittany is dressed as a unicorn, and Kurt is concerned it's "too gay." Image property of Fox.|
Speaking of the school musical, Coach Beiste and Ms. Pilsbury are co-directing it along with the help of Artie. Mr. Schuester was going to do it, but he decided instead to focus all of his attention on New Directions. He's putting the kids through a "bootie" camp to improve their dancing. Obviously Finn is struggling the most...
And since Mr. Schuester wouldn't let the tone-deaf Sugar join New Directions last episode, Sugar's father has hired Shelby Cochran to start a rival glee club at McKinley that she will star in. Having Shelby around creates some drama for both Rachel and Quinn. Rachel now has to see her estranged mother at school everyday and somehow come to terms with that. Quinn isn't sure she's ready to be a part of her baby's life, which Shelby adopted at the end of Season One. However, with some nudging from Puck, she decides to get her life back in order to try and gain custody of her daughter!
- Brittany's definition of a unicorn (someone who knows they are magical) was pretty adorable.
- I loved Sue's comment about Quinn's "thin, forgettable alto." Mostly because it's true.
- A great duet between Lea Michelle and Idina Menzel!! "Somewhere" (from the musical West Side Story) was moving and I thought they fit it nicely into the plot.
- Kurt's rendition of "I Am The Greatest Star" (from the musical Funny Girl) was a lot of fun to watch! No wonder Coach Beiste said, "He owned that song like it was his prison bitch."
- I loved when Santana said (of the posters), "This is toned down. In the original the unicorn was riding you." Ha ha ha...
- I like that Finn is now working at Burt's garage. Smart move, writers!
- Sue's exploitation of Quinn's life to further her anti-arts campaign was pretty funny. And I really loved when Mr. Schuester told Quinn straight up to quit blaming everyone else for her problems! Someone had to do it...
- Blaine's audition singing "Something's Coming" (also from the musical West Side Story) was fantastic!! I LOVE BLAINE!
- Only three songs?? That's it?
- Seriously, I'm loving Season Three so much that it's hard to find things to complain about...